Marjorie Cranston has built her own business since 1992 and prior was involved with retail store planning and design. She also ran the human resource department for 23 stores and trained and hired design staff training them in aspects of interior design and wrote detailed classes in product knowledge and manufacturing of home furnishings.
Later she was hired for store planning and designed the necessary store remodels and was also an accessory buyer for those stores. She left in 1992 to start her own business working primarily with builders and their clients building custom homes. Since that time she has designed hundreds of homes including launching the beginning stages of the homes built in Castle Pines Village and the Preserve in Greenwood Village in the Denver Area.
Product knowledge is her claim to fame and she understands all components of construction from Architectural stages thru the furnishing of a home. Her recommendations for the construction selections come from years of experience learning the components needed, their pricing structure, and the benefits of certain products to meet the budgets of building process not sacrificing the look and integrity of the project. She works with both builder and homeowner to insure the selections are timely and also meet the creative design necessary to complete an outstanding project.
Marjorie has won many awards, has been published in major magazines, and has enjoyed winning Best of Shows and has been an outstanding designer in her field both prior to beginning her own business and since.
Dallas Texas remodel of residence based upon completion of 2nd home in Pole Creek, Grand County
Total remodel of ranch, Grand County, two homes of 11000 square feet. Remodeled and furnished in 120 days and ran remodel crew
St. George Utah private residence and Parade of Homes, AJ Construction, the Cliffs: Total design service included the surfaces both for interior and exterior design, all selections for custom lighting, tile and stone selections for bath and flooring, appliances, cabinetry, stone, plumbing, wall finishes, hardware and complete furnishing package including accessories. From beginning construction thru furnishing this package was full service.
Spokane Washington total remodel of ranch home and outside barn.
s full service.Private Residence, White Deer Valley Colorado: Palisade Homes. Total design services from construction design including exterior surfaces thru all interior selections with inclusion of design of fireplaces, wood trim details, and metal work, flooring, tile, including furnishing package.
Toll Brothers exterior community projects in Sol Terra, Backcountry and various other developments.
Color Boards depict every exterior portion of the homes including the roofing, stone, trim, doors, etc that compromise the community cohesiveness.
Colorado Homes and Lifestyles, Mountain Home Living, Log Home Living, New York Times, 5280 Magazine, National Show Homes, and PBS
- Private residence for Tim Allan, Grand Lake Colorado
- Parade of Homes White Deer Valley, Co. No awards given
- Parade of Homes, Rendevous, Winter Park Grand Award Winner
- Parade of Homes, Grand Elk, Grand Award Winner
- Glenmore Country Club Mame Award Best Interior Design all Catagories
- Parade of Homes Grand Award Polo Reserve, Denver, Colorado
- Parade of Homes Award of Excellence Castle Rock Colorado
- Parade of Homes Westwoods Ranch, Co. Award of Excellence
- Ashcroft Homes, International Golf Course Castle Pines won award out of 1000 homes submitted and
- Featured on PBS special
- Worked for Bronco Organization
- Vail Colorado private residence
- Model Homes Del West Development
- Broadmoor Country Club private Residence
- Cherry Creek Homes and Sixth Avenue Estates development and personal residence
- Toll Brothers Castle Pines North
- Kurowski development spec home development in Cherry Hills and Preserve
- Carlyle Homes over 20 Homes in Castle Pines
- Bell Mountain Rance Parade of Homes and model Home for development
- Porcupine Ridge, Winter Park CO model homes
- French Ridge Construction 5 homes including models
- Fireside, Lakota, Winter Park CO - Chillcoots
- Avalance General Manager personal residence, Polo Reserve, Littleton, CO
- Store development and design for High end Furniture Stores.
Other Projects Upon Request
Services: Construction planning, total furnishing and set up/savings to client 40%-50% from retail.